Message from the Board of Directors
Now that the 2020/21 SJHL season has been officially cancelled, the board of directors of the Yorkton Terriers would like to say THANK YOU.
- To our 20 year-olds – Phillippe Bond, Riley Egan, Ryan Granville, Carson Miller, Ryan Ries, Keenan Taphorn and Kaeden Taphorn. While this season was not what any of us hoped for, thank you for your contribution to the Yorkton Terriers and all the best to you in the next steps of your life journey.
- To our fans – we can’t express our appreciation enough for your loyalty and support – whether that is by buying season tickets, game day tickets, 50-50 tickets, progressive 50-50 tickets, lottery tickets, merchandise or supporting other fundraising efforts – thank you!
- To our sponsors – thank you for hanging in there with us. Your understanding and financial support is vital to operating our team. We can’t do it without you.
- To our billets – this year was very different in so many ways. Thank you for opening your home to our players during a pandemic.
- To our staff – you faced so much uncertainty and adversity this year. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to the Yorkton Terriers and for doing the things we needed to do when no one knew what needed to be done!.
- To our players – it goes without saying that this year was so much different than any of us had hoped for. Thanks for following all the protocols and for being so adaptable. Thanks for giving us 6 entertaining games of hockey this season!
We are optimistic that we will be back watching hockey at the Westland Arena this fall. Unfortunately, we’ve thought that before. Time will tell. In the mean-time we want to assure our fans, sponsors and players that we are focused on preparing for the 2021/22 season and playing hockey in September.
Our board of directors wishes you a safe and enjoyable spring and summer. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon to cheer on our Yorkton Terriers! Go Terriers!
Board of Directors